Aug 4, 2012

A Creature I Don't Know

Blog Flash 2012


Credit: Myself



I keep losing myself under the demanding broiling emotions of others; their pain and grief, ecstasy and love. Usually I am able to retreat back into my own, following the tunnel to familiar thoughts, shaking free the residue of worry and empathy. But what of the day I don't realise how far their tides of life have drawn me in, how will I know to return to normalcy.

Will I remember myself.

Each time is like a splinter embedding itself within, a constant itch I can never find. And they grow.

Which of those frenzied thoughts are my own?

The other selves are blooming from the darkness.  They look alike, like me, but different.  And I am afraid. 

I don’t want to lose myself in their chaos.


word count: 127
though it could have gone so much furthur...

down the rabbit hole,
Jaq xx

1 comment:

  1. "I don’t want to lose myself in their chaos."

    How very true! Sometimes we must learn to remove ourselves in order to make sure we don't lose ourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...