Oct 27, 2012

Drowning

 
I have faced many trials these past years.

I saw everything I had disappear, I watched my life split in two distorted pieces.

I had to step up and become a pillar of false courage and strength, to prevent what was left from crumbling.

There were many tears.  I was surrounded by hurt and confusion.

I remained strong.

I became angry.

It seemed like the only way to combat all the hypocrisy and judgements being cast upon me and those I loved.

It turned many away, and poisoned my spirit.

Years later the rebellion surrendered, it seemed the waters could be calmed.

But the turmoil is never far beneath the surface, and it still rises, threatening to pull me under.

They have all forgotten, yet won't let me forget.

They do not remember the comfort I provided, the burden to protect those from the truth, or the childhood I was forced to forsake.

Everyone sees but they don't know.

I just want those calm waters.

And to leave the broken pieces inside.

from sjp.

3 comments:

  1. It is they who are closest to our heart,
    Who hurt us the most, who tear us apart.
    It is they who we think are worthy of our trust,
    Who turn our faith to dust,
    who turn our faith to dust...
    ~Zara~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So heartbreaking. This is powerful "I had to step up and become a pillar of false courage and strength, to prevent what was left from crumbling."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...