Jun 5, 2013

Worrisome

Insecure Writers Support Group
June Edition



Everything is a whirlwind and I find life pressing in on me from all sides, both the good and the bad.  The adventure and the rejection.  That place in the back of my mind has become so frustratingly elusive, even in the drifts of sleep where the zombies come out to play.

Not being able to daydream has taken its toll; hours are consumed by traffic and computers and offices and meetings.  I can't let myself think I have lost Jaq forever, I fear I'll just give up.  I fear I passed my time, the chance is gone, those stories will never live.  I'm scared I won't see my characters and their worlds again.




But then I hear a song like this, and I can imagine the forest, the rattling percussion as you dance through, always on the tips of your toes as the excitement beats across your chest and you can almost hear the huh-huh-huh-huh of jumping breaths gallivanting around like some tribal expedition.

I just need to find that flow, cement in that schedule, enforce some down time, change it up until something fits, make that challenge that will fire the soul.  I need to fight for my stories.  I need to keep writing.

There never was any going back.


determined,
from sjp.


Got any helpful tidbits?  Or just want to vibe with the song?  Leave a comment!
If you have any Insecurities share via the IWSG link.

6 comments:

  1. Always keep fighting...find that inspiration and write, the world would be poorer without your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's -always- time to daydream...even if just for a few minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up. You'll find her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha,

    *Don't give up - but perhaps take a break. Work on something new. Then Jaq will get jealous and freely return :)

    PS: Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my recent D-Day post.

    CSM Ryan's story has received an incredible amount of support.

    *Thank you*, DL Hammons and all the Blitzers :)

    Bill said to let everyone know he really appreciates all the personal comments directed his way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never give up. All that's worth it takes time and effort. You'll see your dream come true one day. =) Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...