Nov 5, 2014

Peace



First of all, immeasurable thanks to DL Hammons and the Blitz team for making my day last week and flooding my fiction with their lovely comments, I honestly never thought I would be chosen when I signed up, I just really wanted to visit new blogs :)

I cannot believe it's November already, it's only just hitting me but this is definitely going to be a year I will reflect on with a smile at how much progress I've made.  My work as a music journalist is incredibly rewarding, even with the sleep I sacrifice to do it, and often when I'm told by people I know that an article was good, that my writing was good, I have to remember to let that sink in.  The further I go the more I surprise myself.

I still have doubts about my writing, I still guilt trip myself for not posting regularly here, I'm a terrible friend for keeping in touch.  But I am finally getting comfortable with it all, I'm finally getting ready to actually call myself a writer.

I started this for myself, I write for myself, every bit of praise or criticism is an everlasting bonus and provides the motivation to get these stories out of my head.  Otherwise I'd probably still be re-reading that first scene I ever wrote for my WIP over and over wishing there was more.

So as always, cheers to you all, for enjoying my stories as much as I do, even when I never give you the whole picture, or forget to name characters, or delay publishing the next scene in case it isn't good enough.  It's time all these drafts got some sunlight.

You guys push the perfectionist in my away, and let me see the story in my words when I forget what I'm writing for.

something I always tell my mates,
thanks for putting up with me.
from sjp.

8 comments:

  1. It is funny isn't it? When I started referring to myself 'as a writer' things definitely changed. Congratulations on having some good luck with your music journalism! That sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my blog name says "Finally a Writer!" You sound a lot like me. Good luck and best wishes with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the music reviews are really taking off. And sometimes it takes a bit longer to admit we are a writer when we've been one all along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a writer. You don't have to wait for anything special to call yourself that.
    You're a writer.

    I'm glad you have positive things to post!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha gave me a little chill reading "you're a writer" over and over ;) thanks

      Delete
  5. Doubt, the mother of all evil. Yeah, I made that up. But it applies. It's why the writing community is so awesome. They totally understand what you're going through. =) Never alone. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same guilt when I don't blog as often, but I do understand that writing comes first. It has to as a writer. Keep going. We'll still be here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no doubts in my writing. It's always been my form of escapism and I absolutely am in love with it. However, I do have my doubts in being published. I feel like tiny boat in a storm-tossed sea, or a fairy with a broken wing. Sometimes I wonder if I should have never taken that first step into publication because of the heartache I've been faced with it? It is definitely a bitter-sweet thing (for me).

    Keep writing for you and LOVE every minute of it. If ever you find yourself in my shoes, remember your first love. I'm striving for my writing innocence.

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...